Monday, June 9, 2008

Scan 6.9.08

I had a scan today and for once Brady didn't want his photo taken, so we captured his foot (I think the boys have the same toes as Jason). I asked the tech to print out a photo of the large knot in their cords. If the photo scans well enough I'll attach it to this post. It's a scary thought when you see the large knot, but it also helps for people to understand.

The main reasons for these scans are to watch for TTTS (Twin-to-Twin Transfusion Syndrome) signs, which are largely seen in their weight differences. Also to monitor Jaxon's blood flow in his cord (since he's the smaller twin). Well today we did see a DECREASE in his cord. The simplest way to say it is if he doesn't breath, his blood doesn't flow. So we are watching this very closely and if/when the flow shows to be reversing we will have to deliver. I asked the doctor if he had an educated guess of timeline for this and he said there's no way to know if it could happen in a day or weeks. My nurse thinks this will be the reason we have to deliver before my goal of 32 weeks compared to cord compression from the boys (which is what my daily monitors are for).

Again, this is something we have to just watch and see what happens. All we can do is pray and hope we can make it as close to our goal as possible.

9 comments:

the schirano triplets said...

i will keep you and your boys in my prayers to make it to your goal!

Jocasta said...

My fingers are crossed that the blood flow improves or doesn't get any worse and you make it to 32 weeks.

susan lettenberger said...

Hang in there Annie and Jason,
Your are doing a great job. The boys couldn't hope for any better mom or dad. I'm praying for all of you.
Aunt Sue L.

The Wilsons said...

You're doing great mama! I cannot believe the pics in the post below of the flooding! OMG!! Wow! Crazy stuff.

Becky said...

Thank goodness for the staff that is there to help you & the twins! You're all in my thoughts - hang in there!
Becky
http://www.stinkylemsky.typepad.com/

Shannon said...

I will keep you and your boys in my prayers!!

((hugs))

Jill said...

Definite will add this to the prayer list for your little men.

Stay strong, mom & dad.

Christa said...

They've beat the odds this far!!! Hang in there. 32 weeks, 32 weeks, 32 weeks...it will be here before you know it.

Heather & John said...

You and your boys are in my thoughts. Hang in there (easier said than done). You are a great mom already! HeatherD.