Friday, July 18, 2008

NICU update 7-18-08

Jaxon taking a nap and about to have "Kangaroo Care" with mom.



Brady being his peaceful self today about to have "Kangaroo Care" with dad.



The boys had such a good day in the NICU today. I was able to hold Jax on my chest, while Jay held Brady on his. Both boys are off the billy lights and goggles (for jaundice) and they're talking about taking Brady off his CPAP soon (his nose oxygen with the head gear). Jax is a few days behind him so that would mean he would follow (which would be great because he really hates his head gear). We're watching a few things, but for the most part things are going well.
They are both eating formula and breast milk through their tubes down to their bellies and doing pretty well with that. Brady graduated out of the micro-preemie diapers into a preemie diaper.
I think the boys have stolen a few hearts already around the NICU :)

10 comments:

Heather said...

Congratulations, Annie & Jason. It sounds like the boys are really doing well.

Heather.D/nest

Shannon said...

Awww thats wonderful news! And congrats on the CPAP, i'm sure its nice to see all the improvements the boys are making. The pictures are really great to see, I cant believe how tiny your little boys are

the schirano triplets said...

it sounds like the boys are really doing well, that is such wonderful news! i will keep praying!

Molly&Charles said...

You have a family of superheroes! Keep up all the hard work!

Valerie said...

I'm glad to see the boys are doing well. Isn't kangarooing the best!

Zeidy said...

Congrats!!!! The boys are beautiful! I ended up having my boys on Wednesday 07/16/08 at 31 wks. Both are also in the NICU. Good luck with everything and I hope we both get to take our boys home very soon.

Zeidy

♥RedRose101307♥ said...

they're gorgeous!!

Dave, Jen, Kylie (4) & Dawson (10 mo.) said...

Again, you guys do not know me, but I've been following your story for awhile now! That is great news. It sounds the boys are doing really well and that it's only getting better -- that's great!! We love to see and hear updates -- thanks so much for keeping us updated Annie and Jason! Hang in there Annie, I can only imagine how hard it must be to not have the boys home with you!

Vanessa said...

Congratulations to the two of you. You don't know me,but I believe you have had a couple conversations with my sister, Audrey Krupa. I have been following your story since she told me about it. As you already know, Audrey is 22 weeks pregnant with monoamniotic twin girls. It is such a blessing to see the Lords work with your boys. It gives me hope and faith that my two nieces will be just fine. I will continue to pray that the Lord keeps those boys nice and healthy. Take care!

Julia said...

Hi, I love your blog! I know this post is over a year old now (wow!) but I have a question for you... I'm another preemie mom and I'm writing a post for a friend's baby advice blog (http://thebabystandard.blogspot.com/) on what to expect in the NICU. I don't have any pictures of my daughter's CPAP and I was wondering if I might use one of one of your boys on it? Feel free to say no if you would rather not have a personal picture on someone else's blog, I would completely understand. Anyway, I'm so glad that your boys are doing so well (despite the recent colds)!