Monday, July 21, 2008

One Week Old

The boys are one week old today and doing well. Both boys got their IV's out today, and I got my staples out today...we are all free! They also had the stickers on the sides of their heads removed that were for their billy-light goggles, and Brady's head gear is gone :) Once Jaxon's head gear is removed we will really celebrate!
They had their one-week head scan's done which is an MRI scan of the brain for Intraventricular Haemorrhage (brain bleed) and the score is from 0-4. Brady had zero, and Jax had 1. The Neonatologist told us he would re-test Jaxon next week, but he felt that he was fine. A score of 3-4 is the danger zone, but realistically it's always a waiting game. We feel confident and hopeful for him.
Jason holding Jax for the first time! (Saturday)

Jaxon is a little peanut (Today - he loves his tiny pacifier)

Brady's head gear is off! (Sunday morning, the stickers and IV are no longer on him that you see here)

Brady snuggling with mom (Today - finally able to see his face. Their faces are swollen from the head gear, so it's nice to see what they look like! Hopefully Jaxon isn't far behind)

15 comments:

the schirano triplets said...

happy one week boys!

i know the nicu can be a scary waiting game, but your boys really sound like they are doing fantastic!

hang in there! sending hugs & prayers your way!

Harris Boys said...

happy one week sweet little boys. so glad to hear good news around the scans...keeping growing little guys. praying for you all.

Valerie said...

It's such a great feeling when all the head gear is gone! I hope Jaxon isn't far behind.

Shannon said...

Wow those pictures are beautiful! I'm so glad to hear that the boys are doing so great!! I will continue to pray for you. Hopefully your feel well too

Anonymous said...

They are beautiful!

Becky said...

One week already! Just amazing. They're adorable!
:) Becky
http://www.stinkylemsky.typepad.com/

Lmoshe8228 said...

What beautiful, beautiful boys! It sounds like things are progressing really well! Thinking about you...
Linds

monica said...

What beautiful boys! Happy one week old! You look great!

Claire Green said...

Congrats on making it! Your boys are beautiful! I will be thinking of yall!

Michelle Leigh said...

I just happened upon your site and I just wanted to say I'll be thinking of you and your boys. My son was in the NICU for 7 days and while he was a fairly healthy baby and recovered quickly, it was the hardest 7 days of my life. My heart goes out to you and your family and the road ahead. I wish you all the best. Your boys are absolute sweethearts!

Lindsi said...

they look wonderful! Happy one week babies!
Congrats again Annie!

MNbride1013 said...

Just catching up and wanted to say congrats!!! The boys are beautiful. :)

Jill said...

Congratulations to you four! They are beautiful and I can't wait to open your blog and read "The boys are going home!"

Chal from the Nest

cat said...

Congratulations - hope all remains well and for speedy progress.

Anonymous said...

you don't know me but, I LOVE your blog! The boys are adorable and you look WONDerFUL for having twins a week ago!!
XOXO
Lisa