Monday, August 4, 2008

3 Weeks Old

The boys are 3 weeks old today.
I'm sorry I can't post pictures - the site won't let me tonight for some reason. I have some really great ones from the past few days too, so I hope it works soon. 
Jaxon's IV was removed this morning, and he's back to getting food in his belly. He hasn't gained as much weight compared to his brother over the past few days due to the IV feeds. His weight is around 2lbs, 15.6 oz (ALMOST 3 lbs!), while his brother is getting his cheeks chubby weighing in at 4lbs, 4.6oz! Our job is to narrow that gap now.
Both boys are working on bottle-feeds. Today they wanted to sleep rather than work for their food :) I keep whispering to them that the sooner they take all their bottles, they can come home.
They have been moved to another area - they are now in Pod G...which we don't like very much. It's a "triplet room" that they share with another little boy name "Jael". They are sharing a room with him since his mom doesn't visit often (we haven't seen her yet) and also so two single babies could take their old pods. The room is cramped, and LOUD and we were NOT fond of the nurses in there today....I wanted to scoop up both our babies and run today...
Each day is getting harder.
Much harder.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Awww, that stinks. Though look at it this way, your little boys are keeping that baby company. When my sister was in the hospital as a baby, her "roomate" never had anyone come visit her, so my mom would talk to her as well.

Kari said...

I found your blog by way of Our 3 Ring Circus.

I am a preemie Mom of 2 beautiful girls who are now 3 &4 but were 27 & 26 weekers.

Your blog brings back good and not so good memories!

Doubly Blessed said...

Oh I'm sorry you don't like their new room, that was always hard when there were nurses I didn't like on duty too! I hope your little guys get to come home soon!!

mrsgingergrl said...

Our favorite NICU nurse told me that the third week is when parents crash - when reality sets in and the NICU starts to really become overwhelming and it all starts to feel like too much. I thought, not me, I can handle it... and sure enough, the third week came and I lost it. Hang in there.... the NICU is like a rollercoaster, lots of ups and downs, but like I'm sure you've heard a million times, it will be worth it in the end.

the schirano triplets said...

i completely agree with mrsgingergrl, the 3rd week was definitely the most difficult for me as well. but hang in there because it really sounds like the boys are doing fantastic and will be home before you know it.

Heather said...

It sounds like the boys are really starting to do well. I can't imagine how hard this must be for you, but please know that you are in my thoughts. I bet you are helping that other little boy so much just by your presence. ((hugs))