Friday, August 15, 2008

Brady's First Day Home

Brady's first full 24 hours went well. Nana Letts was in town for a work conference so it was perfect timing for her to be at the house to spend time with him. Like everyone kept telling us...Jason and I got NO sleep. Not because he was up crying, but because of all the PREEMIE NOISES he makes while sleeping. He grunted, had hicups and just non-stop made noise while he snoozed away. I woke him up every four hours to feed and for diaper changes. 
He had his first pediatrician appointment this morning and he weighed in at 5lbs, 3oz!! He is 18 3/4" long. Big B is living up to his name! The doctor said he is very healthy and to come back in a month or sooner if Jax is let out of the clink.
He has home visits from nurses set up to have food and weight assessments done. Tomorrow afternoon is our first one.
We visited Jaxon after the pediatrician appointment, and I held the boys together (now that Brady isn't on monitors) in a recliner for a few hours and it was SO NICE! Jaxon's weight is 3lbs, 10 oz - so he's doing good. He looked good today. I miss my little bean at home.

Brady was getting discharge pictures done, so we grabbed Jax and put him in on a few. Poor little peanut was totally woken up and NOT ready for his pictures to be taken!

Of course he woke up after the pictures were done. 
First night Brady was home - playing on the floor!

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Such cute little boys!

pie lady said...

SOOOOOO Cute!!! Congrats on the first night home. Awesome weight Big B!!!
Dont worry the peanut will be home soon enough :)

Pam said...

ack! so cute to see them together!

The Wilsons said...

They are so precious Annie! I hope that Jax gets to come home soon! Brady's weight is awesome, BTW!

Chris and Alicea said...

They are getting so big and looking so healthy! So glad Brady was able to come home with you...hope Jax gets out of the clink soon, too! LOL

Shannon said...

Im so happy to see Brady home. They are both adorable!

Shannon said...

Awww they are so adorable!! I'm glad that Brady is home with you now!

Jaime said...

I just wanted to say how inspired I am by your blog! I just got confirmation that we are having momo twins and I'm so scared, but it makes me feel better seeing stories like yours!

Lindsi said...

I am so happy to see Brady doing so well at home. I LOVE the photo of the two of them together...now I see the identical-ness (I made that up) and they are just so cute!
Prayin' Jax comes home very soon!