Sunday, September 14, 2008

2 Months Old

The boys are 2 months old (9 weeks) or officially zero. Jaxon is still on .2 liters of O2 and feeding through his NG tube :( His reflux is NO better. He's in so much pain all the time. I was able to get his meds changed today from Zantac to Lansoprazole which is Prevacid. I'm hoping this medication works!! My heart just breaks watching him cry and not able to eat. He goes through so many clothes and blankets every day from throwing up. Something HAS to help him or I feel like he'll never get home. He's so sensitive that it takes all your time and attention to feed him and keep him upright, that by the time you get him comfortable back in his crib he either throws up (wretching in pain) or it's time for his next feed and you have to do it all over again. It really needs to get easier before he's home so its possible to feed Brady as well. Not to mention that Brady pretty much cries unless he's being held. They're going to have to learn patience at an early age!
I just wish I could take Jaxon's pain away.

7 comments:

ThreeRingCircus said...

I'm glad to hear your docs are letting you try the Prevacid. It's supposed to turn the acid in the reflux to basic (non burning). You'll still see the spit up, but at least he won't be in pain. I'll be praying that it helps Jaxon. My 30 weeker turned a year old yesterday. He's still on the meds, but we're noticing much less (almost NO) spit up these days!

Shannon said...

I'm glad that his meds are getting changed hopefully that helps with the spit up and burn. I'm sure its so hard trying to figure out whats best for your boys, but it seems like your doing a wonderful job.
Hugs

nora said...

hopefully the prevacid does the trick..it worked wonders for my boys with the pain...reflux is the worst, but it does get better!

Valerie said...

I know exactly how you feel. I am so sorry you have to go through this. Believe me once that tube is gone he will throw up less. Reflux is only worsened by that tube.

Christa said...

Do you have a sling or baby carrier so that why he can still feel and smell you and yet you can still get things done...Aidan liked to be held all the time too so I got a carrier and it worked great.

Kelly said...

I wanted to let you know I've been there to with the reflux battle. My son is currently on the highest dosages on pepcid and prevacid for his weight. You may want to take a look at the website below for some helpful information. Keeping my little guy elevated at all times possible has also helped us. I pray it gets better for you and your little guy soon.

http://www.marci-kids.com/

Pink-CJ said...

Oh, I am so sorry. I know he will get better though.