Tuesday, September 9, 2008

MRI results...

...are good! We didn't get to speak to the Neonatologist, but the resident stopped in by us to tell us that the test results were perfect. So that's a relief. They plan on doing an upper GI test to check things out. They're still trying to rule out possiblities of why he can't feed or get his breathing down. Hopefully he's just pokey and needs more time.
The last 24 hours have been tough on all of us. The boys are each having reflux attacks now. Odd how it happens at the same time??? Brady woke up screaming at 2:30am with an attack, so Jason and I were up on the phone with the on-call doctor. And Jaxon had an episode today after his tube-feeding with me today. It broke my heart into pieces. I really hope his Zantac starts to help him soon. He's not taking his bottles very much at all anymore. I'm getting pretty sad about that. He's not coming home anytime real soon.

5 comments:

ThreeRingCircus said...

Our preemie son (30 weeker) also suffered with reflux. You might want to ask your doctor about using Prevacid instead of Zantac if you're not seeing huge relief from the meds. Prevacid seems to work much better for ours. I know it's a case by case basis, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I'm sorry it started for Jax right after your feeding. I know the guilt associated with everything you experience as a NICU parent. I would say don't blame yourself... but I know those are just words. You've got two boys fighting a great fight.

monica said...

That is great news about the MRI - but I am sorry about the reflux. Maybe with the meds Jax will start feeding better. You have tough boys on your hands!

Amber and Matt said...

Our boys have reflux as well and it's not fun, but I promise it gets better. They are still spitty, but not as bad and adding baby food has been a big help with that.

I'm so glad to hear about the MRI, what a relief!!

Heather said...

That is wonderful news about the MRI! Sorry to hear about the reflux. You are all in my thoughts.

Lindsi said...

Annie
Just food for thought... have you asked them to switch Jax's med from Zantac to something else? Our twins were on Zantac and it didn't help at all... then after a solid weeks with no change they switched them to Omeprizol and it worked like a charm.
SNL0605