Thursday, September 4, 2008

New Room

Jaxon has been moved from the NICU to the 7th floor in his own room. The NICU is very full and getting certain kids too sick for Brady to be able to visit I guess. So Jay and I were there this morning for Jaxon's "move". I feel like he's alone and that his care is a bit compromised without a nurse being right in his room with him to hear if he whimpers or fusses. A woman came in to take his blood and when I questioned her, she realized she was in the wrong room. I got pretty upset and cried. I felt like that would've never happened in the NICU with a nurse being right in the room. (sigh) The nurses we met in his new room were very nice, I just hope they don't think I'm going to be a crazy mom that they have to deal with. I did my BEST to not be confrontational telling them about the blood draw situation and asking specific details about security for Jax etc. They seemed to understand that I just felt very overwhelmed.
I think I was just comfortable where we were and the nurses in the NICU know Jax so well. I'm a little on edge knowing he's around strangers now. We will miss Lynette, our favorite nurse...and talking to Maureen on the phone at night (his night nurse).
I just wish he'd get the breathing/eating things down and come home! He was on .3 liters of oxygen, but when he got to the 7th floor they had to bump him up to .5 liters. Probably the stress, so hopefully that's already back down now as I type this. Speech therapy has been working with his feeds too. He has an MRI scheduled for this Monday, which hopefully finds absolutely nothing.
Brady is doing well at home. He still has a nurse (Stacey) visiting him once a week to weigh him and give him a quick assessment. He weighed 6lbs, .5oz yesterday and Jax weighed 4lbs, 13.5oz today. We're still always asked how many DAYS old Brady is when people see him. 

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I hope little Jax gets to come home soon...

Heather said...

It must be hard to lose the familiarity of the NICU and its nurses. Saying an extra prayer that Jax comes home soon!

Becky said...

I just wanted to say...
(((hugs)))