Tuesday, September 30, 2008

We're all home

Jaxon came home last night. We are all finally together...and crazier than ever :)
Jax is still off the oxygen, but we have the huge tanks in the house just in case. I've never felt so overwhelmed and scared in my whole life. As expected, we didn't sleep a wink last night - but hopefully that will get better with time. Jason takes Brady and I take Jax. The problem with Jax is that he has to be fed every 3 hours, and it takes up to an hour after I practice bottle feeding, and tube feed the remainder. Then he usually spits up, throws up, or cries in pain from the reflux...so it's an exhuasting night.
The home nurse is coming to do an evaluation of the boys in a little bit, and Jax has his first pediatrician appointment tomorrow. I think my mom is coming to help me tomorrow. I've learned that I'll be living in pajama pants for a few weeks so I can lay down when I get the chance!
Our hands are SO full, but full of love too. Thank you to everyone's love and support (and of course prayers). Please keep them coming to get Jax at a safe/healthy size.

The boys first (of many) double ride!
Daddy keeping the boys quiet while mommy ran around with her head cut off trying to get organized with all the medications and food etc...

21 comments:

the schirano triplets said...

oh my goodness, yay yay yay! way to go jax!!! i am so happy that you are all finally together at home! love the pictures :)

Mary Kate said...

Congrats & best of luck! i hope you get some well needed rest soon!

Jennifer said...

We are all so happy Jax is home!! Our fingers are crossed for bottle feeding to pick up soon.

♥ HisLovf ♥ said...

That is so awesome! I'm so happy you all are finally together. Much lovf!

Mary said...

That is wonderful news! I know you can do this!

leah said...

so thrilled to see this update! :)
you guys will be in my thoughts and prayers...

monica said...

Ia m so happy that Jax is with you and where he belongs!! He will grow and become a healthy little guy right before your eyes!!

SSU said...

Congratulations!

Kristin ("pmkmp" from the nest) said...

I'm so happy they are both home with you! Yay!

Shannon said...

Its wonderful to see them both home! Many continued prayers to you guys!

Valerie said...

I'm so glad to see that Jax is home. Believe me, I know what a pain tube-feeding is so Cecilia is sending Jax some good "bottle-feeding" vibes.

Harris Boys said...

YAY YAY YAY...I'm SOOO happy for you guys. they look adorable and getting bigger and bigger every day!!

WELCOME HOME!!!

ThreeRingCircus said...

I know you have waited so long for this moment. Now that it's finally here it's scary yet celebatory all at the same time! In a few months you'll look back and think how far you've come. You guys are awesome parents. Your love and dedication has been tested and proven to be tried and true not just for the 2 and a half months these boys have been here, but for the bedresting before that. Congratulations to your family :).

Eris1995 said...

Yayy! I'm so glad you have both your boys home with you.

Doubly Blessed said...

SO happy for you that both boys are home! It will only get better from here!

cat said...

Congratulations Jaxon! Good luck to you.

Pink-CJ said...

CONGRATS!!!

Laura said...

Woohoo! In just 72 hours this will all feel like second hand. You got this girlfriend! I'm so glad everything has worked out!

Crystal said...

Soo glad the boys are both home now! I am sure it will be tough... but well worth it!

The Wilsons said...

Yeah Annie! I'm so glad you are all together as a finally in your home. You are such an inspiration and have done an amazing job. Keep sending prayers your way!

Jeanie said...

Hi I have twin nephews that were born on August 19th! They are beautiful, and they couldn't come home right away either. But they are home now and their mommy and daddy are not getting any sleep;) So I hope you get adjusted quick and so glad to hear you have your whole family home now! Children are so wonderful and they grow sooooo fast. It will fly by so savor every second. Congratulations, Jeanie