Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Home Alone...

What an interesting day...
My first day completely alone with the boys since Jax has come home again and I SWEAR we'd make millions if we were on a reality show!
The medical company decided to come by at 7:30am to fill the oxygen tank..of course waking up the babies with the door bell.
Then while changing Jaxon's diaper while he was finishing his pump feed, he had a reflux attack. His cry woke Brady up again, to which led Brady into a screaming fit. Jaxon's canula tape came off, so I was trying to cut a new piece of tape while holding him, and realized the cuticle scissors were cutting it wrong. So I decided to rip the tape resulting in me stabbing myself in the knee. LITERALLY stabbed myself. So here I am holding a screaming baby, bleeding everywhere with a hole in my pants and Brady swaddled in his bouncy seat screaming. I was in so much pain...I quickly put a band-aid on and went on with my morning. 
I finally get the boys down stairs and have them each happy (Jax on his boppy pillow and Brady in the swing). While I'm making their bottles, I can hear Jaxon's "reflux cry". So I rush to help him and there it is....his NG tube and canula laying on the couch. Damn...
I texted Jason to see if he could take lunch early to help me get Jaxon's feeding tube back in, and he seemed very busy. So I went for it myself. Here's me holding Jaxon down trying to insert a tube into his stomach, while my knee decides to start soaking blood through my pants, and Brady has decided that TODAY he does not want to take his morning nap and screaming bloody murder.
I got the tube inserted and taped, as well as the canula. Both babies got changed, fed and put down for a nap. By about 1pm I sat down and thought, "wow....now THAT was a morning".
I should ask the in-home nurse if she can give me a tetnus shot when she gives the boy's their RSV shots on Friday :)

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow-- At least you had all kinds of craziness today so tomorrow has GOT to be calmer. You are doing great and the boys look wonderful :)

AJU5's Mom said...

Sorry your first day was so crazy. Hopefully it is the most challenge you will get. Have you though of mittens for Jax? YOu could put them on when you are trying to do something so he can't pull his tubes. I know it helped with our daughter to keep her cannula in.

Tara said...

Wow and I thought I had a bad first day - my baby had some gas and cried all morning! Not even remotely the same as what your day was like :-) your babies are adorable and I'm so glad to see them doing so well.

Tara said...

oh I'm from the nest by the way!