Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Onto day 14

Jaxon will have his electrolytes checked at his midnight rounds. If they are good, then I'll be bringing him home tomorrow. He didn't do as good today as he did yesterday, but it's still a big improvement from when he was admitted. Honestly....it's time for him to be home. We've tried so many things, and he IS better...just not cured. I'd like to bring him home and see how he does. If he has a handful of episodes in a day/night, it should be livable until he "grows out of it". Apparently the latest drug we've been trying takes up to a week or more to see the full effects, so we'll see how that does. It's making him less sleepy now, and he plays more. The GI fellow who is seeing him this week now offered to try Reglan or Erythromycin again now that his Pylorus was widened. I declined. I think we'll stick to what we're doing now.

Brady is home and it's SO great to see him. He seems bigger even though it was just a few days. He ate his cereal so nice and just loves it now. We'll begin his first vegetable this weekend. I'm assuming when Jax can start tolerating food again (months away yet) it will be solid food over formula...that's my guess!

I can't wait to have both boys under our roof tomorrow night!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I'm crossing everything I can (fingers, toes, eyes) that today is the day and Jax is home by nightfall! It sounds like Brady did great at his grandparents. I would imagine they will be happy to see one another. Prayers are with you.

Laura said...

Come on Jax! You can do it! Brady needs you home to play with him.