Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Trying to roll and sit up

Brady's eyes are clearing up nicely, and his virus seems to be gone. We're back to cereal with him, and plan to introduce veggies in the next few days. Jaxon is having his first day of clearing up from the virus. Seemed to last about 11 days for both boys. Jaxon unfortunately has been heaving and vomiting more again...I just don't know what to do about that anymore. Don't get me wrong, he's much better from when he first entered the hospital, but it's still a little "too much". I just wish he'd grow out of this already.

Jaxon had a good therapy session today. He's HALF rolled so far from his belly. My goal is to get him to roll within the next week or two. He's much more active, and starting to build up some muscle tone now. We still have a lot of work to do, but he's steadily moving forward, with visible progress each week. I'm always excited to see his occupational therapist on Wednesday mornings to see if she can see the progress. She seemed happy with the hard work we put in with Jax, so we're on the right track.

Brady is working hard at sitting up, and doing pretty good! Jaxon sleeps with his arms out of the swaddle at night, but Brady isn't quite there yet. Every time we leave his arms out, he wakes up a few hours later hollering. Once swaddled, he sleeps until morning. I swear he'll be swaddled until 18!

They both love playing with their feet now, and are chewing on their fingers non-stop too.

Jax having fun in the jumperoo.

Wait...that bird is actually kind of creepy mommy.
Big B being super cute.
Jaxon after a bath - look at all those thick curls...gee, I wonder where he gets those from?! Strangely enough, Jaxon's hair is light brown and Brady's is strawberry blond...how does that work?
Awe...such a good little model!
Well if this isn't the look of "I'm DONE", I don't know what is.
Brady loving his feet and sitting forward like a big boy.
I just called, to say, I love you.

7 comments:

The Wilsons said...

They are absolutely adorable! Too cute!! It sounds like you're doing a great job with them Annie!

monica said...

They are so adorable!! I love the thick curls!

Mary said...

Adorable pics!

Laura said...

No way, Brady's about to sit up!! I'm so excited for you! Cameron just hates sitting but loves his feed and rolling from side to side and belly to back. Evan is still way behind and not interested in rolling at all.

Question about venting: Cameron is heaving about 3 or 4 times a day and we are venting him into a surgical glove tied around his tubes. We are getting farrell bags tomorrow. Do you leave Jax vented all the time or do it periodically? Evan is starting to have the same problem and both usually have heaving fits when I flush meds through their g tubes. And their gag reflex is getting worse too. Ugh! Oh and there's a couple of FaceBook groups you can join: My Child has a Feeding Tube is one of them.

Heather said...

Those thick curls are too much! Sorry to hear the heaving is increasing a bit again. The boys are so lucky to have a mom who works with them so diligently.

Oh! We have the same jumperoo. Have your two ever fallen asleep in it? I have had a heck of a time getting mine to sleep, but they love to sleep in the jumperoo. Go figure!

Becky aka StinkyLemsky said...

Oh my - what adorable boys!! I LOOOVE the curls too... :)

SoMdGrl83 said...

So cute! Its funny how hair color can be different. We got the same pack of bibs at BRU. I love them. I got home and looked at the receipt. They were on sale. The whole pack was $5. I need to go get more.