Thursday, April 9, 2009

7 straight hours

Are you kidding me?? Jason and I got 7 straight hours of sleep last night!

Jaxon slept from 6:30pm - 4:15 am without one heave or crying fit. When he woke up whining I couldn't believe the clock said 4:15! I calmed him down and administered his medication (Zofran - anti-nausea medication) and got back in bed. Jason asked if he missed hearing up before that, and I was so NO, this is the first time he's up!
He woke back up off and on every 20 minutes or so fighting his congestion and started getting pukey. His brother woke up soon after and we were all up shortly after 5am, but I gotta tell you...sleeping that many straight hours leaves you in a pretty good mood at 5am!

I'm very interested to see how Jax does when this cold is over. Why do baby-colds last so freaking long anyway??? This is day 10, and while it's "better", it's still present. Jax is going back for his 5th chiropractor appointment this morning. He's doing well with the "spoon-therapy" and accepting a few drops of water 3x's a day. Vomiting is still present, but I need to start marking down/counting them to see if they've decreased....hmmm...

Trying to stay positive here!
*If Lisa Eisner is reading this...(hi Lisa!) could you email me? I realized the other day I don't have your email!!! thelettenbergers@mac.com

7 comments:

Laura said...

OMG! I was hemming and hawing over spending the extra money on a Chiro if we weren't sure it would do anything but this news makes me feel like there is hope! Congratulations!

Lindsay Pierson said...

Hallelujah! So glad you all got a little sleep. Isn't it funny how you are actually grateful to be waking up at 4:15 (I know the feeling)? My, how babies change things! I always feel like baby colds last forever too- at least two weeks! What's up with that?!?

Jennifer said...

YAY! I'm SO happy you got that much sleep! Heck, that's more than we get on our best nights too!

Heather said...

WOW! Way to go! So happy for you guys!!

Scullyhoyy said...

That 7 hour stretch I bet felt amazing. Yay for sleeping babies:) Hope the colds go away soon:)

Maria said...

I've been following your blog for awhile (my twin boys are 6 months old) but never commented. I am so happy to hear you got some sleep! And yes, it seems my son Evan has been congested all winter. I enjoy reading your blog. You are a wonderful mother to those unbelievably gorgeous baby boys!

signals3_t5 said...

Oh, Isn't it funny how you are actually grateful ...



Get More Details