Monday, April 6, 2009

Feeding clinic evaluation

Quick note - I got a call from the hospital today that we can have a cancellation spot for an evaluation in the Feeding Clinic tomorrow. The nurse told me to make sure I don't feed Jax 3 hrs prior to the appointment so he's hungry. I paused and told her that's impossible....Jax doesn't get hungry. She seemed a little taken back, but you've got to think they've seen this before, right? I hope...
I'm waiting for a call back in the morning to see if I need to turn his pump off prior to going. So this means they're going to put a bottle in his mouth...I better pack a lot of rags!! I think this evaluation is to see how severe his oral aversion is and what kind of therapies at what rate are needed.
At least I feel like we're TRYING to fix him. I mean...in one week he sees a chiropractor twice, his occupational therapist and this feeding clinic, not including his GI/Pulmonary/home nurse visits. I just hope he's on his way to recovery. I'll let you all know what they say at this evaluation. Cross your fingers!

6 comments:

Linda said...

Good luck! Hope it goes well and you get some good information and it's a START to getting him taking a bottle again. Hugs!

Jenn said...

I am so excited for you! I have this gut feeling this is the step in the direction to a healthier little man!

monica said...

I wish you a step in the right direction in getting him a bottle in his mouth! Good luck tomorrow!

Heather said...

Oooh! I am so excited for you guys that he is able to be seen that much sooner. I hope the visit isn't too stressful for him and that this is the start to answers and recovery.

Laura said...

I have to turn my boys pumps off at least an hour and a half to two hours before we try to feed them anything because they don't feel hungry. Good luck!!!!

signals3_t5 said...

Oh, I am so excited for you guys that he is able to be seen that much sooner. really great for this..



Get More Details