Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Fevers and Interviews!

Brady had a fever yesterday, so I brought him into the pediatrician. His temp got up to 101.7 accompanied by a screaming fit, so I knew something was up. There were no signs of a bacterial infection, so he's believed to have a virus. Doc thinks he'll run a temperature for the next day or so which is fixed pretty good with Tylenol. His nose is a little junky, but really nothing too big. This morning his temperature is normal already. Seemed to be a 24 hr thing that Jax has fought off so far.

Jaxon's overnights have been going pretty good. He actually SLEPT THRU THE NIGHT Sunday night! He slept from 7pm-5am! And he was totally up at that point. Last night he was up only twice. This is SUCH an improvement to the every 30-60 mins we used to deal with. Now if we could time when Brady wakes once or twice to not be in between Jaxon's few wakings, we'd get even better sleep :)

In other news, I've been highlighted on the Multiples and More Blog site! They interviewed me as a MoM (Mother of Multiples) dealing with infant reflux (and a little mono pregnancy/preemies thrown in). Check out my 15 min's of fame: 

6 comments:

The Lane Family said...

I loved your post on the moms of multiple blog. I have a set of twin girls which our fraternal and came to our family through in-vitro. Anyway I have one that had normal reflux and colic that was a lot to handle. The other twin was more like your son Jaxon and in fact still has a lot of struggles with GI problems and weight gain. She also has some genetic issues which they have not been able to identify. I am so glad to hear another mom of multiples say how tough it is but how important it is to just keep being your child's advocate. Thank you!! I would like to follow your blog if that is okay. I have gone private recently but if you would be like I would be happy to allow you to see it. Just e-mail me at wendelton@gmail.com!!

Pink-CJ said...

That was very inspiring to me as beeing a MoM. Thanks so much!

Lani said...

Glad you got a good night's sleep!! Thanks for being our feature today! Everyone is LOVING you:)

Melissa said...

Yeah for sleep! My girls have been fighting some viral fevers as well. Claire had one last week Tuesday and broke it just in time for their 4 mo check up on Wednesday. Of course the vaccinations caused both Lillian and Claire to run fevers, but both were better by Friday. Then last night Lillian was running a temp again. I sure hope they are done with this whole sick thing, because they sure are grumpy when they don't feel well.

Also, loved your interview on MoM board. Congrats on making it so far and good luck with what the future may bring for your boys.

Melissa
MelZull from the nest

The Best Things Come in Two\'s said...

I am just catching up on your story and I am truly inspired! You are an amazing mama, with handsome and adorable boys! (Great taste in names too I might add!) I look forward to keeping up with your progress!

Jenn said...

What a wonderful review. I had tears in my eyes when you talked about the actual birth. Also, I wanted to let you know that I am walking this weekend in our local March of Dimes and will be walking for your two boys!