He is at full feed on his J-tube. He definitely still heaves more than we like, but it's either he does that and live a bit more free with his GJ tube and his backpack, or he is carrying that backpack and a line to a medical pole. We don't want to go the IV road unless he starts getting severely sick. The doctor said we may start seeing a trend of what upsets his system enough to end up back in the hospital with extreme vomiting. We looked at his past week, and he had lost 1.4lbs from the day of his motility test to the day he was admitted...only 3 days. I'm sure glad I brought him in. We are awaiting results of the Mitochondrial disease, which take quite awhile. Jax will have a GI follow-up on Tuesday. I'm sure I will have a long list of questions at that point!
As for now, he's finishing up a 10-day supply of antibiotics, continuing his Zofran for nausea, his Prevacid for reflux and of course his acupuncture stickers are in place.
As for now, his intestines are still absorbing his food properly and he's gaining. So we will continue to do our best to make him as comfortable as possible and life everything that it can be for him. We will continue his occupational therapy, chiropractor, feeding clinic, acupuncture and start physical therapy. We are also looking at a holistic medical facility to see what they think. I still have high hopes of getting him to a more comfortable place and maaaaaybe "eat" someday? Although I'm told that would most likely never happen, I will still certainly try.
Thank you for all the love and support you give us. Please continue to keep Jaxon in your prayers.