Sunday, June 28, 2009

First Haircuts

The boys had their first haircuts this weekend. Nana Jayne came down and gave the whole family a cut. We didn't get outside in the beautiful weather nearly as much as we wanted or should have, but we just had so many things to get done! Running errands can really take up a day. Next weekend we plan to be at Rachel and Dennis' pool, so they'll get plenty of outside time over the next week. 

The boys showed us just how important their naps can be. WOW, lets just say that Jason and I were not able to enjoy Sunday brunch out together! And you can't "discipline" an 11 month old baby who is overtired. So Jay took him outside until he fell asleep, while I battled Brady inside with his need to shove entire crackers into his mouth and gag so loudly that a couple came over to help me...I swear we would be reality TV gold.

I took the boys shopping at the outlet stores in Johnson Creek on Friday (they need clothes for their big 1 yr photos next week) and they were absolute beasts for an hour straight until I finally got them to sleep. My gosh they have their days! And those are always the days when every stranger in the store wants to talk to you about the twins while they are screaming and you don't know how else to get out of the store other than just keeping your head down, not making eye contact and walking quickly!

Jaxon's first cut.
Brady's first cut.

6 comments:

Heather said...

Aw! Their first haircuts! So cute. My world revolves around naptimes. I swear, Josie and Violet are majorly miserable if a nap is missed. I recently gave up on errands with them unless it is a must because I just can't deal with the aftermath!

monica said...

Great shots of thier first hair cuts and no crying that is wonderful! Yes naps are very important...even at my boys age!

Melissa said...

OH yes, Naptimes are very important...I don't dare skip one otherwise I have a very unhappy girl on my hands. I have learned my lesson as well. I love the Johnson Creek outlet stores - Carters and Gymboree!!

Caroline said...

Annie,
Is there an email address I can contact you at? I have been following your story (I'm nestie carolinag) and the other day in a discussion with my aunt it came up that her best friends daughter had an almost identical situation to Jaxon's. I just thought perhaps they could be a resource for you, since they have exceeded everything the doctors told them to expect. If you want to talk further about this or get their info please feel free to email me at lineygal@gmail.com

Haley said...

Hey Annie,
I got my zoo pass! We should definatly meet up soon to see the animals. =) Email me if you are interested... rynhales@hotmail.com
Haley (rynhales)

signals3_t5 said...

Have a nice...



Get More Details