Monday, August 17, 2009

We're BACK!

I'm sorry the blog has not been updated for over a week! Jason and I went to Key West with friends for my 30th birthday for a couple of days. We met up with another couple who I talk to online who have a set of twin boys as well.
Nana Letts and Miss Denise watched Jax and Brady and we can't thank them enough! They did a FANTASTIC job caring for them. I missed the boys SO much that I was looking at their pictures on my phone every chance I could.
The boys are doing well. We're waiting for Jaxon's first few natural supplements to come in so we can start administering them. The first 3 supplements will be:
Artichoke Extract (thins the bile in the gallbladder to help removed toxins from the body)
Silymarin (liver support)
Digest Sprinkles (helps digest proteins, carbs and fats)

We'll start with one supplement and add an additional one every 4-5 days. Jax has his next GI followup w/ acupuncture next Tuesday, so I'll be going over all of this with our GI doctor at Children's Hospital as well. Jax is supposed to get his tube changed out to a Mic Key button that day as well. The stomach lining that is coming out of his stoma is supposed to be sewn back in this Friday, but I'm waiting for a call back to see if it should all be done at once next Tuesday. Nana Letts was able to review all of Jaxon's test results from the independent labs that we had done, and after witnessing his disease for a few days straight, she also agrees that these supplements have to help normalize his system. His early morning vomiting is so violent...something has to help him!

Here are a few pics from our trip and of the boys:


Jason and I with the Willards from South Carolina
(Tamlyn and Scott, parents to twins: Cooper and Colton!)
Uncle Craig and Auntie Shannon with us.
The boys enjoying a "Drag-Show"
(Scott, Craig, Dennis and Jason)
Auntie Shannon and Auntie Rachel!
The moms...

Jaxon doing what he does best...stealing Brady's paci and generally beating on him.
Jason blowing on Brady's toes upside down...the boys didn't miss a beat when we came home!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

It looks like you all had a great time! I love your dress!

Wendy said...

Aww!!!