Sunday, September 13, 2009

Weekend events

The boys are just truckin' along with development. Brady is getting brave and taking a few tiny steps while holding on to things. Jaxon's motor skills exploded this weekend with being able to put balls into specific holes on toys.
Brady is feeling better, but both boys (and mommy and daddy) still have runny noses which aggravates Jaxon's vomiting from time-to-time. As expected, Brady's test results were negative for strep. He is eating more, but still taking some pretty long naps. His weight was pretty low at his doctor appointment while checking out the rash. He's well under 20lbs now, so we need to fatten him up! Jaxon is our little meatball and is noticeably bigger! He looks taller as well when they're sitting next to each other.

Jaxon showing his awesome new skills!
We are officially half way through Jaxon's supplement list. 
This is what he currently takes at 4 different times during the day. Some are taken multiple times all depending if it needs to be taken during a food-break or not.

Jax is the bully...here he is pulling poor Brady's ears!
Big boy Brady showing his skills.


After many disinfectant wipes, the boys took their first shopping cart ride at Sam's Club - it worked great with Jaxon's tube. They loved it so much we want to get a double shopping cart cover - they thought it was a ride!
(Jay snapped a photo with his phone, that's why it looks so "dreamy")

8 comments:

Alicea (mnbride1013) said...

I just wanted to let you know, you are an inspiration to me. After my son was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis, I thought of you and all you go through every day with your little guy and how strong you always seem to be, and thought to myself "I can do this, too". You just plug along with what needs to be done to keep your son healthy, and that is what I do every day as well. As mothers, this is what we have to do and it just becomes a part of our lives and our daily routine. Your boys are so precious!

Jenn said...

I find irony in the fact that the one that needs to be fattened up is the one that can eat anything he wants!

I love the last picture with Brady with the pacifier hanging out of the cornor of his mouth like a cigar...too cute!

Haley said...

I am always thinking I may run into you out and about and I always think I will yell out "Sweater!" haha
You are such a great mom!!!!
I met a family with a little girl that has (I think) the same thing as Jax. She has a tube in her intestines and she is only formula fed. She is 5! We bought our camper from them and I asked her if I could give you her number. She was more than happy to have you call her if you ever want to talk to someone that knows what you are going through. They live in West Allis and have spent quite a bit of her life at Childrens. They also have 4 other kids. Crazy huh. Anyway if you want her information please email me.
rynhales@hotmail.com

Heather said...

I can't even imagine the comments you must get when at Sams Club with those two adorable boys.

And holy pills! You are super-mama!

monica said...

The picture of the two boys in the shopping cart adorable!

Carrie said...

Oh my gosh! Such cute boys!

NormalOnesLeft said...

How great is it that we finally have to start looking at the boys' faces to tell who is who! No more skinny Jax!

The Mattesons said...

Hopefully this link works, but I saw these double cart covers on Etsy and thought you might be interested. If the link doesn't work, the seller is "PaisleyPineapple" :)

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=26358150&ref=sr_gallery_4&&ga_search_query=double+cart+cover&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&order=date_desc&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title