Thursday, December 3, 2009

Lessons learned!

I learned a lesson in parenting today. Wrapping Christmas presents with one toddler in the room is annoying, yet doable. Doing it with two toddlers in the room = FAIL. Then if you put those two toddlers in their playpen while you wrap, they will stand at the gate, looking over at you and scream. Just thought I'd share that new experience ;)

The boys have speech therapy tomorrow, and Jax also has occupational therapy. Jason comes home tonight from a work trip, so the boys will be excited to see him when they wake up. I took them to the mall for an hour this morning, and we stopped and watched Santa talk to little kids. I thought about letting them sit on him for a photo opp, but I could see the look of uncertainty in Jax's eyes...so I ditched that idea quickly since I was alone!

Chasing after Jax with his backpack as he shimmies around the house is getting increasingly hard. He keeps crawling through his tunnel and doesn't realize the backpack can't go with him. Needless to say I've been cleaning up and changing his clothes multiple times a day with the tubes getting dislodged and making a mess! I can't wait for him to be able to wear his own little backpack to avoid all these issues. Well...I would love more for him to not need it at all, but you get my drift.
Here are some pics of the boys wrestling and playing in the tunnel:
**Notice the backpack stuck in the entrance (sigh...)





4 comments:

Laura said...

Still having trouble with the AMT clamp? I need to order a new one because one has gotten a nick in the side that will snap soon. I love the thing. We would have way more blowouts because of tubes dislodging and I would go insane. But the whole lets play with the big toys while on the pump is a nightmare. And since there are two they get caught on each other, twisted up, snagged and stepped on all the time. I keep the tunnel put away and have recently started letting them watch tv so I can get them to sit in one place for a minute. I also try to time our bolus feedings with naps but that doesn't always work. I wish I knew why your AMT clamp is so tough to use. Ours is tight, but you want it to be tight so it will hold the two parts together snugly.

Laura said...

Still having trouble with the AMT clamp? I need to order a new one because one has gotten a nick in the side that will snap soon. I love the thing. We would have way more blowouts because of tubes dislodging and I would go insane. But the whole lets play with the big toys while on the pump is a nightmare. And since there are two they get caught on each other, twisted up, snagged and stepped on all the time. I keep the tunnel put away and have recently started letting them watch tv so I can get them to sit in one place for a minute. I also try to time our bolus feedings with naps but that doesn't always work. I wish I knew why your AMT clamp is so tough to use. Ours is tight, but you want it to be tight so it will hold the two parts together snugly.

NormalOnesLeft said...

I love that Brady looks like he's trying to help Jax with the backpack in all these pics!

Melissa said...

They are so cute!!