Saturday, January 16, 2010

18 months and some huge news!

The boys turned 18 months old this week and we got their photos taken. It was certainly a less than to be desired experience! At first Jaxon had a major meltdown because the man taking the picture pulled down a very bright WHITE sheet and it scared Jax. The man pulled it back up and brought out a blue sheet instead and then Jax was fine (he seems to have developed a phobia with the color white most likely due to medical facilities).
Little did we know that Brady was going to be the one who would NOT participate at ALL! He wanted absolutely nothing to do with being next to Jax for their shot together - apparently he didn't want to share all his cuteness! So we had very little to choose from in the end. Hopefully their two year old shot will go better...well, we can always hope, right?

So here's the BIG news. I have been holding back from posting about this for fear that it was going to be short-lived and as usual, getting our hopes up...but this seems to be holding steady. 

Jaxon's vomiting has stopped.

Yes...you heard me...it has stopped since Thursday. The only thing we can think of that's different was the addition of a Serotonin Supplement powder we began giving after his appointment with the alternative doctor on Tuesday. Jax had 2 episodes on Wednesday, 1 on Thursday and none since. He has woken up FOUR days straight without vomiting (and therefor getting a good extra hour of sleep). We can't believe it!

His pump rate is up pretty high, so he's very close to only needing to be on his tubes while he's sleeping. He has a new freedom later in the mornings now without lugging around his backpack. He's tried banana puree the past few days, and while he makes awful faces if I get the spoon too far back in his mouth, he has not retched or heaved or vomited at all. He just refuses if he doesn't want it, which is a great alternative to what he used to do. (Don't get me wrong, he takes nothing more than a "taste" of baby food, not actually eating - that will be a whole other issue to tackle.)

We are in shock, yet still pretty cautious about this. I've been wanting to run to post about every single morning he's been waking up without being sick, but the thought of coming back to say it was "just a good day" was too much for me to deal with. But I feel the need to report this NOW!
Please keep your fingers crossed that we're really onto something here. Jax looks fabulous, and he just seems happier.

Here are their shots from today (Jax decided to be quite the model):

Profile pic of Jaxon
(Jason said that this picture looks similar to an old photo of his
 - I want to see it!)
This is the individual shot we chose.

Brady deciding to give us a little bit of his smile.
This is his individual shot.
In the printed photos, you can really see his beautiful blue/brown eye.

Jax gave a lot of smiles.
This is the last time Brady sat still for a millisecond.
More smiles from Jax.
Look out GQ Magazine!
These were the best shots we could get of the boys together...seriously.


19 comments:

Angie said...

LOVE the news!! I hope it is the new supplement and the no episodes keeps up! Our fingers are crossed!

Angie

Sarah said...

That is fantastic news!!

Kelly and Natalie said...

This is super great news!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed and sending good vibes your way!

Michele said...

Love the pictures. But don't hope for too much from the 2 year ones. Those were the WORST for us.

I LOVE your news.

Kimberly said...

What AWESOME news! Hopefully Jaxon will continue to improve every day. Great pictures, too. The boys are really starting to look more alike now.

JustaKidAtHeart said...

That is AWESOME news. I am so excited. The pics are cute too. Sorry you didnt get a better together shot.

Melissa said...

YEAH JAX! That is the best news! Those pictures are adorable by the way! You have the cutest little men!

monica said...

Awesome news! Love the pictures...they couldn't get much cuter! Even the ones of them together are great pictures!

Pyjammy Pam said...

god, i love those boys. are those adorable shoes or what? :D hope jax's episodes stay far, far away...

Candice said...

Wow!!!! That's so great! Go Jax. Hope it keeps up!

baileyhillmandy said...

Wow, this is awesome news!!!! Will be praying that he keeps up with the no vomitting!! WOW...just awesome!

Eris1995 said...

That is GREAT news!! I'm sooo happy. The boys keep on getting cuter and cuter. They are just so handsome.

Jen said...

of course the news is AMAZING.. but those pics are just too much! Love them! and don't feel bad, we could not get all three of my boys to cooperate AT ALL. We actually threw in the towel and said forget and went back two weeks later for a redo! LOL

Jessica said...

Fingers are crossed, that is AMAZING news!

Laura said...

I'm crying. God I love this. BEST.POST.EVER!

NormalOnesLeft said...

1. This is the best news you've had since we found out you were pregnant!

2. Who's idea was it to prop B up on the wall? That picture is hilarious! I LOVE it!

3. Give the boys big kissies from me.

erinlaughs said...

Such awesome news! I'm so excited for you guys!

Those pictures are so adorable! Such handsome men.

Jenn said...

OMG Annie! This is such great/amazing news and such cute pics. I hope I get to get some of those pics when I see you next Friday! Can't wait to see you and catch up. I'm SOOO happy for you all and I will keep my fingers and toes crossed that this keeps getting better! :)

Jenn said...

WOW! That is so exciting! I am so amazed and even more hopeful with my pursuit of alternative medicine. I am so happy for you all!