Monday, May 3, 2010

Admitted

We admitted Jax into the hospital today. The pediatrician conferenced with the GI doctor and they think Jax could use a break. They plan to administer everything through an IV and give his stomach and bowels a break in hopes he'll get past this. They think his system is in crisis from the virus and it's most likely not a relapse of his disease, so that's the positive. We've been here for almost 3 hrs and Jax still hasn't gotten his IV yet, so this is a slow process. I will be staying with Jax at the hospital while Miss Krista stays with Brady (thank you Krtista!). I will have Internet access randomly, but I'll try to update as much as I can. Thanks for all the good thoughts.

16 comments:

themaggers said...

Thinking of you all! <3

lparsons15 said...

I hope your sweet little boy gets better very soon!

nora said...

thinking of you guys..saying a little prayer for sweet jax

Jenn Maron said...

I'm so sorry hon. I'm thinking of you and hope that things get better soon!

Melinda said...

Thinking of you and Jax. I hope he feels all better soon.

Alicea said...

Thoughts and prayers are with you and Jax. Hope things get better soon!

Melissa said...

Poor Jax! Thats hard. When we had our stays with Cassie it was so hard to be there, she just wanted to be home as well as us, but they are great at Childrens! (We were just there today as well)

Praying Jax starts to feel better once they get that IV going.

Kelly and Natalie said...

Poor lil guy! I hope he gets well soon. You're amazing!

Sara B said...

Thoughts and prayers for all of you! I hope your sweet boy is all better soon.

Trish said...

Oh goodness. I hope this does the trick and he's back to his new usual self soon.

Jennifer said...

Thinking of you and little Jax...

erinlaughs said...

Thinking of you guys!

Jessarella said...

xoxoxo. You're in our thoughts!

Laura said...

((HUGS)) Hang in there, you'll be home soon.

Jenn said...

Hugs and prayers for you and Jax. It will be hard for Brady to be without his buddy I am sure and you have been so long without hospitalization and doing so well it must be so hard. So great that they do not think it is disease relapse though!

NormalOnesLeft said...

Annie, you are an angel. I have no idea how you keep those boys entertained and uninjured all day. Note to self: taking a two-year old to high school for the day = exhausting! But Brady did sit in a desk for about an hour coloring with two of my students! I think they enjoyed Curious George much more than what I was teaching!