Thursday, June 24, 2010

For the love of tantrums...

The boys had a nice visit with Uncle Adam yesterday and were spoiled to see their cousin Marley again so soon. Jax is still having episodes. They can be very random with skipping a day or now sometimes being twice a day. 
Brady had the worst temper tantrum I've ever seen him have at the end of speech therapy today. He was so upset that Jax got to hold the flash card that he ended up screaming for 20 minutes straight through Jax's feeding therapy. I tried playing with him, feeding him and ignoring him, but nothing would work. I finally just put him in his crib where he fell asleep within 5 minutes. So Brady got lunch at 2pm today when he woke up. Oh the joys :)

So the boys are going on their first sleep over to Rachel and Dennis' house this weekend while Jason and I go to a family wedding up in Door County. The boys will have a blast and probably not even miss us. Good luck Auntie Rachel and Uncle D! You are saints...

The boys playing outside with Uncle Adam.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Not to scare you but I had a 20 minute tantrum just like that with my son and he too went to bed and then ate lunch very late. The scary part? He a few weeks later had a 40 minute one! I think being tired is definitely a key factor in it! I had to just close my eyes and take a few deep breaths and say a prayer for strength for the 40 minute one! I was ready for a nap after that one!

Christina said...

Was is temper tantrum r us week? Because ya ditto, though only one of the twins has them but it is soooo funny to see, with older kids under my belt I can't be swayed. The only hard one was yesterday 1.5 hours from home and she had had it, after a long day of medical appointments she wated her sissie then.