Monday, July 12, 2010

2nd Birthday Party

The boys had a great birthday party on Saturday. It was hot and sunny, and our central air went out of course! Everyone at the party was a trooper about it and we had a great time. We're so lucky and fortunate to have both of our boys running around with smiles on their face at this party. I can't believe we're going to be parents of TWO year olds officially this Wednesday! 

In kid-news, Jax has been doing well with his episodes. He went from Tuesday afternoon until Saturday morning, and neither were "bad". I mean, none are good, but there's a definite difference between a simple vomit and one that causes him to not breath and convulse. So we're continuing to only give him his probiotics w/serotonin once a day  and the Domperidone before each feeding.
I had a long, yet productive meeting with Jax's surgeon on Friday afternoon. We're trying to "burn" off Jax's prolapse (stomach lining tissue) that is sticking out of his stoma site with silver nitrate sticks. The surgeon says it worked well for another patient of his, so we're trying this to see how it works. The doctor showed me how to do it and Jax wasn't in any pain at all. The only trick is he gets really upset being held down, so when we do these treatments at home (every 2-3 days) I'll rub vaseline around the tube site (with the tube taken out) so when we put the silver nitrate (they look like match sticks) on the tissue, it doesn't touch his belly skin. It looks just awful and turns black immediately and then it bleeds for 24 hrs. I can't  imagine how Jay will be able to stomach seeing this when we do a treatment tonight! While the surgeon was showing me how to do it, all I could think of was how Jason would feel queasy seeing this! So we'll see... but so far, the first treatment has already helped!

The boys had their 2 yr old pictures taken on Sunday, and they turned out "ok", but I'm not sure if we'll order any or try taking them over. We're hoping to take them to a fun dinner for their birthday on Wednesday and they have their 2 yr physical with the pediatrician on Friday.
Here's some pictures from Saturday:


Monkey cupcake tower that I made.
Cookie favor bags.
Sorry for the blurry photo!
The food!

Birthday boys!
Special birthday shirts!
Getting their cupcakes
Jaxon with little Miss Layla.
Jaxon with Mommy.
Brady with Auntie Rachel.
Brady with Teeta (Krista). 
I think B was grazing food off a lot of people!
The boys loving their new slide from some Aunties.
Jax with his cupcake.
Big B loving some cupcake!
Layla loving some cupcake too!
The kids playing with the toddler-Pinata. 
You just pull the ribbons until the special one opens the monkey head!
Jax was the lucky one!
I just realized I didn't get any shots of the party outside. Maybe some friends or family did, so I'll add pictures through the week of other shots I can get my hands on!
 

8 comments:

Amy said...

HI Annie...long time reader coming our of "hiding". Glad the boys had a great time at their party...I can't believe they are going to be 2!

I love the idea of the toddler pinata...can I ask where you found it?

Jennifer said...

Love the picture of you - hot mama!

And I'm so, so proud of Jax for walking (just saw the video). Gives me hope that Natalie will be walking before she turns 2.

Twincerely,Olga said...

What a wonderful party!!I love the monkey cupcakes!!happy Birthday to your twins!

Kearsta said...

I can't believe the boys are 2! I can remember back when we were all on 1st tri and you found out you were having twins!! Happy birthday to them!!

By the way, where did you find their shirts? Adorable!!

RobynK said...

Looks like a wonderful birthday party Annie. Your boys are just adorable :)

Melissa said...

I had to use the nitrate sticks on Cassie's site as well...she had really bad granulation tissue around her stoma-site.

2 years old...wow!! In 3 short months I will be throwing a 2 year old birthday party.

Jenn said...

Wow...to plan and make stuff for a party like that with twin 2 year old boys? Amazing!

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Boys! You make all our hearts sing with joy.