Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday!


Happy birthday to my little miracles! These little guys have touched so many people in these last two years and have taught Jason and I more than we ever thought we'd learn. I never thought I'd lean so hard on hope, but I have and continue to do so.
So with the passing of this last year, the boys have continued to develop more of their personalities. Brady is kind, helpful, loving, outgoing and of course sassy. He wants to please you and be loved. Jaxon is curious, loving, strong-willed, charismatic and of course stubborn. He is the smallest fighter most of us will ever know.
I've been looking back at the boy's photos and videos this past week, and am amazed at all the changes that have taken place. As a parent of preemies, one of my biggest life lessons have been to look back a few months, rather than weeks when reviewing changes in development or health. Now I can say "years" and feel so proud. We may have some tough challenges still ahead, but we enter into them with strength and so much pride. I've learned that things don't always turn out the way you thought they would, or the way you hoped they would, but you can't plan everything. Yes, even I've accepted that - the planner of all things possible. I'd like to think that even through our story, we still find ourselves to feel beyond lucky. These little men are our loves...

All my love, hope and respect goes out to any and all parents who have battled through prematurity, developmental delays, medical problems and/or chronic illness. I would never wish the heartache on any soul. My warrior parent badge goes out to you and all your friends and family members who have supported you through your battles. I know that our loved ones have taken on some of our heartache and it's felt by many. I would like to thank all of our family and friends who have championed and supported us through this journey. We love you and can't thank you enough.


These pictures are from night the boys were born. Two years ago almost to this minute. Jason took these shots with his phone to show me while I was upstairs in recovery. I'm not sure if I've ever shown a picture of Jaxon while intubated for the first 24 hrs. I didn't see the boys until they were 9 hours old the next day - so tomorrow is a special day for me in my own way.
Brady
The boys were about the size of a beanie baby.
Jaxon
1 yr old!
Jax was still having a hard time holding his head straight.
The boys today. Both walking and talking in their own language!
Jax's muscles.
Birthday fun at Monkey Joes. The boys had a blast!






I think this is the first of MANY video games they'll be playing together!
Birthday dinner, mmmm!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy birthday Brady! Happy birthday Jaxon! I can't believe those sweet little boys are two years old already. You and Jason are doing an awesome job raising and loving two little men. I hope you enjoy your own special day tomorrow. You have all come so far in the past two year and I can't wait to see what all the good things this next year will bring your way.

Merks said...

Happy birthday to your boys! You are inspiring and always so positive. I come here just to get a glimpse of what hope means and the power of positive thought and prayer. :)

Kelly and Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Brady and Jaxon! I can't believe they are 2! I love reading your blog, and I think you're just an amazing momma!

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday to your boys! When did you guys go to Monkey Joes? We took Cassie earlier this year and it was crazy packed there....wasn't much fun because of that. Did you go during the week? In your pictures I don't see anyone else!

Jenn said...

Congrats to you all on such an amazing 2 years...here is to many more wonderful ones.

Mae said...

I can't beleive your boys are already 2! Time sure does fly bye They are getting so big!