Thursday, March 10, 2011

First Stitches

Ever since Jason and I found out we were having twin boys, we always joked about when our first ER visit would be for stitches. It looks like it's Jax at age 2...
Last night the boys were goofing around and we suddenly heard Jax crying. Sure enough, he had a cut under his bottom lip where his teeth bit into. Jason took him to the ER at 6pm, and at 10:45pm they finally came home. I think we need to consider Urgent Care for these sorts of things in the future.
Jax got 3 stitches to minimize scarring. He's fine other than very tired and crabby (and pumped full of Tylenol). It is seriously never a dull moment at Casa de Lettenbergers...


If you click on the picture twice, you can see the stitches up close. He will have them removed on Tuesday by the pediatrician.

4 comments:

Marcy said...

Ouch! My son was 3 and honestly, I don't know how we made it that long. Double check with your local urgent care... ours doesn't do stitches so if we had gone to the urgent care we would have been hit with the copay there and then again once they sent us to the ER.

Kelly said...

Poor little guy! He's still as cute as can be, even with stitches. :)

Jenn said...

Poor little guy! How was he with the stitches? About 6 months ago Cole fell onto a blanket and pillow on the floor. I thought he was fine because of what he landed on. He kept crying and I tought it odd. Then I looked at his mouth after he pulled off of my shoulder and he was dripping blood. Somehow he must have slid on his lip and he tore the little flap of skin that connects your upper lip to your gum. Ouch! Gotta loves boys. I don't want to think what is to come!

sweetjenna said...

Awww...I'll bet that was so stressful for all of you. Jax is such a cutie, even with the stitches. Like previous commenter, I would avoid urgent care for stitches as I saw a little boy get sent to the ER for them last time I was there. Felt so bad for the mom and little boy to have waited for over an hour and then to be sent away for the help they needed.

I dread the day my Evan needs stitches. I know I'll be a wreck!