Sunday, March 20, 2011

Still in the clink

Jax wasn't a whole lot better this morning, although he did get his oxygen need down to a 1/4 liter. We gave him 3 oz of food over 2 hrs for breakfast and lunch and then are giving him 4 1/2 oz of food over 3 hrs for dinner right now. If he does well with this food tonight, he'll get 6 oz of food over 3 hrs for breakfast and we'll be close to his full feeds then. There's no more fever, so now it's just how well his lungs can kick this.

I just left the hospital to come put Brady to bed (he was home with Rachel) and to get some more rest - Jason is on Daddy-duty with Jax. I went to the doctor myself on my way up to the hospital this morning, and am told my lungs sound clear, so it's most likely the nasty virus that Jax has, although the doctor did write me an Rx for an antibiotic to hold on to and use if I don't get better in two days. That was very thoughtful of him. I feel like a crazy lady since I broke down BAWLING to this complete stranger when he asked the simple question, "have you been around anyone sick recently?". Seriously, I should get a bill in the mail for therapy from this man. He called me later this evening to mention that I left before they could catch me. Apparently my heart rate is rather elevated, and he wants me to monitor myself over the next two days. He said that the most likely culprit right now is anxiety, but to go back in if it persists. He was on topic of my mental health and exhaustion for a bit. Awesomesauce.

Brady has a cough and a bit of a runny nose, but he's still running around like a wild monkey. He seems to be doing fine with the cold and I hope it stays that way. I just got a text from Jason that Jax was smiling and singing with Elmo just now, so that will help me get some good sleep tonight and hope for the best tomorrow. I had a very nice quiet 4 hrs with Jax snuggling on a recliner while he napped, and I rested while watching old Lifetime Television Movies.

6 comments:

Angie said...

Awe, poor Jax! You are all in our thoughts! I hope this passes soon and he can back to being a two year old soon!

Kelly said...

I've been thinking of you all day, and I'm so happy Jax is doing a little better! Get some rest girl and don't worry about breaking down in front of that doctor. It happens, and you have every right in the world to break down! So happy you're able to rest a little at home and that Jason can be on daddy duty. :) Take care!

togethertheycome said...

You are an amazing mom. I've been thinking about and praying for health for your family. I hope Jax is feeling better today.

Teresa said...

Pei pa koa is pretty decent cough medicine (from herbal as I remembered), great non alcoholic medicine, some western cough medicine are more effective, but this is non drowsy.

You can access info online @
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nin_Jiom_Pei_Pa_Koa
http://ninjiom.50webs.com/

Jenn said...

Oh Annie & Family, I'm so sorry to hear about what happened. I sometimes wish I still lived in Milwaukee so I could help you out! I'm glad he and you are doing better though and I hope you both feel a lot better soon!!! Love you! - Jenn

Jenn said...

Continued prayers for you all...what peace though to go to bed with the thought of Jax laughing...