Thursday, April 14, 2011

Stuck on you

Jax's tummy is doing MUCH better. It's either that his body is recovering from that virus (only took a month) or his new medicine is helping his tummy relax, or maybe a bit of both. He took all 3 feeds yesterday without vomiting for the first time in over 4 weeks, sigh, it feels nice to take a break. He kept his breakfast down again today, so I'm hoping for a nice run here.
I forgot to mention in my last post that when we were at the hospital on Monday, that Jax got a new type of G-tube. It's a smaller, flatter low profile "button" called an AMT. It's nice because it won't catch as easily on things, which is nice with a very active toddler!

Brady has decided he no longer needs toys. He prefers the dishwasher, the cupboards, the oven, the dryer and the pantry. Pretty much anything that he can do to make me scold him. Today he got stuck in the lazy susan cabinet! I was discussing his progress with the speech therapist when suddenly we heard Brady yelp. We walked into the kitchen and couldn't find him. I saw that the lazy susan cabinet was open and all my pots and pans were messed up. Sure enough, Brady wedged himself inside the cabinet and the therapist and I had to inch him out. It took over 10 minutes!! I told Brady he was like Baby Jessica stuck in the well!
Jax did better with his feeding therapy today. He let the spoon near his face twice, which is a big accomplishment from the past month. He still is very receptive liquids, so I'm going to start sneaking in extra calories by having him drink more whole milk yogurt smoothies and some Instant Carnation Breakfast shakes. Slow and steady wins the race!


It was so nice out yesterday! We went on two walks.
Jax is looking like a vampire - kid needs to see some daylight!

Playing outside.

This is what little boys eventually do to their play kitchen.

2 comments:

Jessarella said...

This really just made my day. I needed to hear some good news today. I have the biggest smile on my face. Thank you.

Liz said...

Glad to hear Jax is feeling better.