Friday, June 24, 2011

Toddler boy antics

Everyone is healthy and it's great! Now, if we could get the rain to stop, life would be even greater. With it raining and storming every day, the boys are climbing the walls of the house. On Wednesday, I was sitting at my desk paying some bills and walked into the living room to find white powdery clumps ALL OVER the living room. I panicked not knowing what it was! I searched for some kind of packaging and when I couldn't find one, I smelled the powder and it was odorless. I was so confused. I looked in the garbage can and found an empty box of baking powder. The boys took an open box out of the refrigerator and emptied it all over the floor, the couch, the brown shag area rug, inside their wipe container... everywhere. And they did it totally silent like the little cat burglars that they are!

And yes, baking powder is the gift that keeps on giving because I've cleaned the same areas three times now, and I continue to find powder. Buuut yes, I'm happy to be driven insane by their toddler boy antics as long as everyone is healthy!

Jax is still drinking his milk. He hasn't taken more than 2oz in one sitting again, but he's still consuming it and today I gave him a breakfast cup of milk for the first time ever. He only took a few sips, but it was neat to offer him a "breakfast" instead of just his backpack. His pump rate is going up nice and slow, so he's "eating" a bit faster now.

I pulled down some paper-paged books yesterday (yes, I'm grasping at straws to keep them entertained during this rainy week), and Jax is in LOVE with a Dr Seuss book about Elmo finding Sesame Street. I must have read it 20 times in the last 48 hrs. The boys are destructive, so they're only allowed access to board books and they can only touch paper-paged books if I'm next to them. I hate to see books destroyed and unappreciated!  So we've been looking through a lot of paper-paged books this week!

The boys had a good speech therapy session yesterday. Jax is having a nice tiny explosion of at least attempting many words. He uses ALL DONE consistently now and will yell, "ALL DONE DADA" when he wakes up in the morning and when he's ready to get out of his chair when eating. That's the closest to a sentence we get out of either of them, so it's neat to start seeing some communication. Brady is still struggling, but has shown definite improvement with attempting some words as well. Not that Jax is very clear when he says words, but Brady seems to have an even more difficult time with the actual pronunciation of most words. Although he surprised us and said CAKE rather well, that's my boy!

Here's Big B this morning. Yes, camouflaged rain boots are necessary at all times.

2 comments:

Little Wonders said...

I think it's AMAZING that Jax is drinking 2oz of milk! Way to go! And I hear you on the weather ... we're in desperate need of a change of scenery around here, too!

Angie said...

The rain boots are adorable, my 2 girls wear theirs constantly too.

And my 3 yr old daughter who seemingly skipped the terrible twos has somehow stumbled (HARD) into the whatever-you-wanna-call-it threes. In the past few weeks she has filled the cat food and water with Swiss Miss Cocoa Powder; put cat food in the coffee pot; used an entire tube of desitin in her crib and the surrounding area - basically anything she could reach; and used my makeup brush in the sink yesterday. I'm fairly sure there is more that I haven't found yet. So, I feel your pain! :)