Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Shush that kid up!

My little men are crazy lately. I mean, more than usual, and I think it's because they're becoming more demanding and don't have the words to express it yet. Although, I will say that Jax is kicking butt with attempting more words now. He'll try to say many words that you ask of him and his pronunciation is adorable. Brady is still our hold out, but he really enjoys screaming and yelling as loud as he possibly can. Just for fun. When I'm on the phone. When someone comes to the door. When acting along with TV characters. When the radio is on. At 3am when acting out his stuffed animals in a story. You know... just for fun. Eh, what can I say, he's a free spirit!

I had to go grocery shopping badly on Monday and there was no way around taking the boys with me. I dreaded it since they were sassy that morning and haven't made it through a grocery store the last two times we tried (Jason took them out to the car to sit while I finished). So I put my game-face on and headed out.
I walked in the store and Brady started SCREAMING. The kind of scream that you can't just ignore and shop through. He then started pushing Jax which lead to insanity. I mean... I was in the store for 5 seconds! I ran through the store pushing this cart full of screaming 3 yr olds and went STRAIGHT to the bakery area. A lady saw me and dashed to the counter where I said, "COOKIES STAT!" She grabbed two and said they were on her and I'm rather sure I exclaimed my love for her. I gave Brady one, and broke the other in half for Jax to play with. Ahhhh, silence. I saved the other cookie for when Brady finished his. I had approximately 25 minutes to get through the store and I did. Whew...
 gone are the days where I can pack them up in their carriers and attach them to their snap-n-go stroller and browse around for what I need during carefully timed trips out. This is a whole new type of survival mode I guess, haha!

In calmer news, I made the boys their first dental appointment for the end of next month. I received a referral to a pediatric dental office who has experience with children who have oral aversions and feeding disorders. I'm happy that we've taught Jax to open his mouth and say "AHH" for the doctor finally, but I still have a feeling there will be gagging, forcing and possible vomiting, so I'm a bit nervous for that day. Although, I really need to know what condition Jax's teeth are in with all the chronic vomiting he's had over the years. I'm hoping Brady will have a clean report with how well we've been able to get into his mouth for brushing, but ya just never know I guess! Hopefully they won't be too scared.

It's not easy to see here, but Brady fed his Mr Potato head water. There was water everywhere...

The kids have busted into our board games. They INSIST that we lay out the Twister mat first thing each morning now.

It's also their wrestling mat.

Let's be serious... it's the only thing they use it for...


2 comments:

erinlaughs said...

We do our grocery shopping on Saturday mornings and head directly to the bakery for two donuts. It's the only way I can peacefully shop.

Laney said...

I can't get over how big they have gotten. & yeah I hate taking the kids with me to the store. You totally have to have a special ops frame of mind to go.