Wednesday, September 7, 2011

School Meeting

 I had a great meeting with Jax's teacher, aide, nurse and both the boy's speech therapists. I found out that Brady was able to get into a preschool language program at another elementary school for 1.5 hrs on Friday mornings. So I'll have Brady alone on Tuesdays while Jax is in his class, and I'll be running between the boy's schools on Fridays.
It turns out that the teacher and aides can come out to the car to get children, and bring them in for class. That is perfect for us so Brady doesn't get upset seeing Jax's classroom and then leaving. It's also easier for me to not be lugging the boys out and in with all their gear while Jax is connected to his feeding pump 4 times each school day.
Brady's session is more of a preschool setting with 5-6 other children, and I think it will be good for him.
I was able to go through all the details of Jax's care. I have it set up with the nurse that she'll contact me if she feels he needs a rescue Albertrol nebulizer for any reason, so that's nice to know it's available. I'll be contacted if his tube comes out, and we went over pretty much everything else including his role during snack time - which is to have his water and be able to taste anything that is a puree consistency or thinner.
I feel a lot better after this meeting and feel much more secure about it all. I can't believe they start next week!
Jax started a really runny nose today and Brady's is still going, but he hasn't had any more of a fever. I had them both adjusted at the chiropractor appointment today, which is supposed to help, but we'll see.
I seriously can't wait for Jason to come home from this business trip because I'm running around with my head cut off trying to get everything done before we leave again in a day and a half. There's just so much paperwork, housework and errands that need to be done on top of the boy's appointments and care. Even though I'm slightly postal and crazy busy, I still had a moment of "awwwwwe...." today watching the boys walk down the hall together of the school holding hands.
I'm so proud of them...

9 comments:

Smilen Champ said...

Hi
My name is Jenna and I came across your site. your boys are cute, and adorble. I love their back packs. Jaxon is a courageous strong and determined fighter. he is a brave warrior, smilen champ and an inspirational hero. i was born with a rare life threatening disease, and developmental delays. www.miraclechamp.webs.com

Sara said...

I love their back packs, that is such a great picture

Matt & Shana said...

LOVE the backpack shot!! Seriously one to keep for when they are older :)
-Shana

Doubly Blessed said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that pic! Got me all weepy over here!

royal said...

Hi,
I am really admire the information which you shared here in your blog which is really good read to me.

Thanks
Ebay Bidding Software

royal said...

Nice Post!
I am really glad to found your post in which you offered interesting information. It is really good read to me.

Thanks for sharing information!
Buy and Sell Collectibles

royal said...

Hi,
I have read your blog and I appreciate the information which you shared here. I update my knowledge after read your post.

Thanks for sharing!
Vehicle Tracking Device

royal said...

Hi,
I am really admire the information which you shared here in your blog which is really good read to me.

Thanks
GPS Navigation Device

royal said...

Nice Post!
I am really glad to found your post in which you offered interesting information. It is really good read to me.

Thanks for sharing information!
E-Learning Software India