Monday, October 17, 2011

Quite the long weekend

Sorry for the late posting, but we've been running around doing a little bit of everything the last few days. We left on Friday morning and headed north by family while our floors were being finished. Jason visited his grandpa who is in the hospital. Jay and I took the boys to a pizza joint and Jax was NOT having it and refused to sit at the table while we ate, so we took it to go. Jay and I watched the destruction of the Brewers that night. Boo.

On Saturday morning, Jay brought the boy's out to his Uncle Joe's horse farm to see the animals, which the boys loved, but the cold wind didn't allow them to stay out long.
Nana and Papa Letts came home and took the boys to a pumpkin farm, but that wind brought them home quickly too. Papa Letts gave us a night in Kohler to use while they kept the kids. Jay and I had a great relaxing time strolling the shops, watching the Badger game at a pub and touring the Kohler Center. We were able to catch a cocktail with Jason's cousin John and his wife Amy since they were at a wedding there.

We met the kids and Nana and Papa on Sunday morning at Grandma and Grandpa Lett's house. We had a nice visit and then Jay and I took the boys to Neenah to my cousin Heather's house for a 75th birthday party for my Grandma and the Packer game. We had a nice tour visiting everyone, it's nice to see family.

We found out on the ride home that there's one more day of work to be done on our house, so I'm inhabiting the neighbor's house with the boys today while the finishing work is done.
That's the other thing, the house was a disaster when we came home with a truck load of stuff. There is wood dust EVERYWHERE. After we put the boys down, Jay and I dusted and cleaned while watching another sad destruction of our Brewers last night.
The other thing hard on us right now is our truck still isn't fixed! We're hoping we can make the drive down this afternoon to get it, but if it's not ready, we have to rent a vehicle for the week.

In kid-news, the boys still have their runny noses, but Jax seems to be a little worse since yesterday now. He's been coughing and gagging and puking since yesterday afternoon. I'm still giving him Albuterol nebulizer treatments, but it's not helping at night. I'm bringing him to the pediatrician when Jay gets back from his appointment this morning.
Hopefully the doctor says to just stay the course and he's fine, but since we're on day 6 of Albuterol-need and he's not controlled, he needs to be checked out. He has no fever and isn't lethargic, so those are good signs.

I'll let you all know how Jax does at the doctor and what the next day or two brings for us. I want my house and vehicle back, but hopefully they're both better than before. It's weird to see all my appliances in the living room and dining room :)
Is anyone completely amazed (and disgusted) by what is behind and under the stove and fridge? Total Martha Stewart FAIL on our part!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I am not amazed by what is under and behind the stove, because I NEVER move it. Disgusing, I know, but eh, if I don't see it, it's like it isn't there. ;-)

royal said...

Hi,
I have read your blog and I appreciate the information which you shared here. I update my knowledge after read your post.

Thanks for sharing!
Ebay Clone

royal said...

Hi,
I am really admire the information which you shared here in your blog which is really good read to me.

Thanks
Buy Collectibles

royal said...

Nice Post!
I am really glad to found your post in which you offered interesting information. It is really good read to me.

Thanks for sharing information!
GPS Bike Tracker

royal said...

Hi,
I have read your blog and I appreciate the information which you shared here. I update my knowledge after read your post.

Thanks for sharing!
Vehicle Tracking System

royal said...

Hi,
I am really admire the information which you shared here in your blog which is really good read to me.

Thanks
Online E-Learning Software