Saturday, October 1, 2011

Tons of ball games!

I don't know about all of you, but I'm sure ready for the weekend! Jason has been gone this whole week, so he's tired from traveling and I'm tired from handling it all alone. Many of you know what that is all like.
The boys speech therapist talked to me a bit after Jax's session and didn't really tell me anything that I didn't already know. He said the boys were "glottal" and they speak from the back of their throat. That's why letters that require the use of their lips are hard for them (like, MAMA). The therapist brought up Speech Apraxia again stating that the boys are definitely showing signs (as in, they may be headed toward that diagnosis in the future), but that the current path of therapy is still appropriate. I think he's trying to ease me into this. After I googled it, sure... I suppose I would need some easing for that.

Otherwise, the boys loved school today. I'm so sad that Brady seems to HATE coming out of class and going home to me. He didn't want to let go of the teacher's hand. Jax is the opposite. When he comes out of school, he runs into my arms and squeezes me tight.

I was able to get out of the house for a few hours on Friday night with my friend Rachel. She had purchased a 'Groupon' to attend a session at Sips n' Strokes. You follow an instructor painting a picture while you enjoy an adult beverage - awesome! You can see my beautiful rendition of this outing below. I suggest to anyone who might like to get out with friends for something different and fun!

So the state of Wisconsin is in a flurry today for sports. The Badgers, Packers and Brewers are all playing at home, and you can all bet that Jason is out of his mind and over the moon that we're going to a home playoff game of the Brewers on Sunday. Jason happens to be at the Badger game this evening (Saturday) since his cousin so nicely gave him some tickets!
We did the AIDS Walk of WI this morning, and while the opening ceremonies held at the Summer Fest grounds were a bit chilly, it warmed up to be a gorgeous fall day.
We have a busy little weekend of activities, so we're glad to finally see the sun after 5 days of rain!

The boys like to get themselves stuck in boxes... I don't know why either...


Does anyone else have this problem? I mean... where is the fridge?!

The boys greeting the questionable dog-guy at the AIDS walk.

Jax enjoying the band from Daddy's shoulders.

Some of my girls with Brady and I during the walk.
Looks like Van Gogh's Mulberry Tree hey? Well, I tried, and I actually got better after a glass of wine!

No comments: