Sunday, January 8, 2012

Ahhh yes, the gift that reminds of hope...

That was a quick weekend!
Jason was out of town until late Friday night, so the boys and I just hung out with nothing exciting to report (which is great in our world!). On Saturday I attended a friend's baby shower in the afternoon and then that evening Jason worked as a blackjack dealer for a friend's entertainment company for a corporate party. He does this each year, and it's all for fun (and a nice little extra $$). So Jason and I each switched off half of the day with the kids so the other could attend their scheduled activity.

Sunday was really nice and laid back. We hung out with the boys in the morning and then Jason and I teamed up to clean the house. It only took 1.5 hrs doing it together all at once like that - AWESOME!
I was able to grocery shop and Jay was able to go to the gym, and then we had the Bonins come over for the Steelers playoff game and to have our late Christmas celebration.
Poor Shannon got called into work in the middle of dinner and had to leave (BOO!), so we missed her. But we got a lot of baby-time in with Drew and Kelsey, which was a lot of fun. It's always fun to see what new things babies develop so quickly.
Tomorrow kicks off another week - hopefully a very non-eventful week! I'll be working on Jax's pump rate even more to see what he's made of... so far so GREAT!

Kelsey and Craig playing with the tunnel of fun.

Drew found his TV mates!

Jason and Craig in their true form of watching football together... I wish I took a picture of them at the end of the night when they each had a baby snoozing on them in their jammies.

I opened this gift from Shannon after she left - OMG, talk about a gift almost causing tears. It reads: " HOPE is the beacon that will guide us safely through the storm".  I can't decide if I want this in my bathroom next to my sink so it's the last thing I see at night, and the first thing in the morning, or at the kitchen sink so I see it multiple times a day... hope really has gotten us to this point... Thanks Nanners...

1 comment: