Thursday, August 30, 2012

Remembering Les...

 I have tried writing this blog post all day. Each time I would start to type, it didn't seem right

My family suffered a devastation yesterday with the unexpected death of Les. For all intensive purposes, he was my step-father. He and my mom had been together for almost 20 years.
He had been having some heart issues this year, but we thought he had gotten through them. He had a massive heart attack on Wednesday afternoon and he left us all way too soon.
He loved the outdoors, hunting, fishing and of course, his three grandchildren... who all called him Bumpa.

I'm so heavy with sadness right now...





He was telling me how much he loved my mother and how Adam and I were his children...

Which made me teary eyed and I told him to stop ruining my makeup... and he laughed.









5 comments:

Sara B said...

Devastating. I'm so sorry.

Heather said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

R. LeP said...

So sorry for your loss.

Sara said...

You have been in my thoughts

Angie said...

So sorry for your loss. Keeping ya'll in my thoughts and prayers.