Sunday, August 19, 2012

We finally have a Mumma!!!

Jaxon is saying it! We thought he said it randomly a few times over the past couple days, but each time we'd have him repeat himself, he'd say the typical "Baba" since he replaces B's for M's. He's now saying it often, yay! We noticed that when he was whiny or not thinking about it, it would come out as Mumma (not quite the perfect Mama yet) but then he would revert back quickly to his B's. Now if he thinks for a moment, he says it and at times he'll say it A LOT! Talk about melting this mom's heart. It came at the perfect time and I couldn't be happier. Once my Big B says it, I will be complete.

I took Jax to the store to get school supplies today and Brady went with Jason to the gym (his splint on his foot bought him a date with me) and since Jax had to stay in the cart, it was a GREAT shopping trip. He and I chatted through the whole store and he repeatedly said, "toys mumma, PEEEASE" which made my smile! We went to the toy area where Jax grabbed an Iron Man figure and he played with him while I finished shopping. He then put him to bed back on the shelf before we left. How long will the boys believe me that the toys "sleep" at the store and that's why they don't ever come home with us?? So far, so good ;)

We have a very busy day tomorrow with the Orthopedic check up for the foot and then later in the day a Feeding Team follow up for weight/diet. I'll update with hopeful good news tomorrow.

Here's a peek at 5 minutes of our Sunday morning in the house trying to sound out mmma-mmma! (The last minute is the sweetest...)


4 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh my word they are so stinkin cute! Yay Jax!!

Sara said...

This is just so awesome! Our ST use to have me play around with the kids' cheeks and mouth before she came to stimulate them. Bella will still play with her lips when she is saying different things - I don't know if that is why Jax was doing it but it made me immediately think of Bella.
Your boys are too adorable!

Wendy said...

YAYAAAAY!!!!

Smilen Champ said...

Hi Jaxon and brady
My name is Jenna, you are a brave, courageous fighter and an inspiration.
I was born with a rare life threatening disease, and have 14 other medical conditions, and developmental delays.
I wrote this poem
Each of us are Special
Each of us different,
No one is the same
Each of are us are unique in our own way,
Those of us who have challenges, we smile through our day.
It doesen't matter what other's say
we are special anyway.
What is forty feet and sings? the school chior
http://www.miraclechamp.webs.com