Sunday, May 12, 2013

Science Experiments

Happy Mother's Day all you moms out there!

We've had a busy little social weekend. Nana and Papa Letts came for the night on Friday so Jason and I could have his birthday dinner with some friends. Then Saturday night we were at our neighbor's house for a cookout since their son had his First Communion. Then today we went out for lunch at PF Changs, which although busy, was very nice.

I've been busy with laundry and packing this afternoon because I'm taking the boys back up to my hometown for a few days this week. My grandfather is having open heart surgery on Tuesday, so the boys and I are going to spend some time with him Monday afternoon, and then I want to be at the hospital all of Tuesday with my family. The lovely Miss Sidney has graciously offered to work from home those days so she can be with the boys. Do I have the best of friends or what?

I'm hoping to have the boys home on Wednesday for school, which is the day Jay is home from a business trip, so I'm relieved to know he can step in and help with that transport if needed. Please send out some good vibes for my family this week!

I've also started my 'essential oils' experiments on the boys. According to THIS STUDY there's a chance that organically bound iodine mixed with essential oil of melaleuca (tea tree oil) can help heal Molluscum, which has been plaguing Brady's legs for months. So we'll see how that goes and compare pictures each week.
I've also started a few other oils which I outline below. We'll see how it all goes...

Jason was testing his outdoor speakers in the kitchen Saturday morning. Brady danced his little tush off.


I've been rubbing 'DigestZen' on Jax's stomach and putting a few drops through his tube with his feeding each night. I put OnGuard on the bottoms of both boy's feet (and mine and Jay's) for immune function and anti-viral/bacterial properties (hoping it will help aide the fight of Brady's Molluscum virus and keep colds away from Jax). And the Breathe is for respiratory issues if/when they arise. I heard it's great through the humidifier or diffused.

This is my mixture for the Molluscum.

Jax got this new spacer for his inhaler this weekend and it's awesome! I definitely recommend the Phillips Respironics spacer/chamber if you have a choice.

2 comments:

Goran Stamenkovic said...

After checking out a few of the blog posts on your website, I truly like your way of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my web site as well and let me know what you think.

ps3 jailbreak 4.41

Christian Stocker said...

How did the tea tree oil and iodine work out on the molluscum? My son is covered. :(