Thursday, May 12, 2016

Spring sickie

We've hit a spring cold, ugh and YUCK.
We let the boys play outside past their bedtime the past two weekends and I've noticed it really dipped Jax's immune system. He had a tiny cold last week, and then it blew up this week, so I had to bring him in to get a lung check on Monday to be sure it was a new cold and not him unable to keep up with his first one (the difference between a typical child and child with lung disease I tell ya!). He sounded great and no fever, so we assume it's a new one. Well, he decided to cough directly into my face (and in my MOUTH) and sure enough.... here I am with the same nasty cold and about to leave on a trip... first world problems, I know, but it stinks.

We're pretty set to jet off to Maui and the boys are really excited for their babysitters with their whole list of activities. Jax just gets extra breathing treatments while at school and home and he's kicking it pretty well. I, as usual, am miserable and am trying to figure out how I'm going to handle the all-day flight on Saturday and not feel worse while sitting in paradise. But, I'll figure it out ;)
Jay and I are attending the Blue Chip Conference through Mass Mutual. It will be lovely to go back to the island - we were there for our honeymoon almost 9 years ago.

Anyway, since the last update, Jay has turned 35, finally, and the boys are getting pumped up for summer coming around the corner. They want to call themselves 2nd graders so bad! They've gotten pretty funny lately with their personalities maturing and their vocabulary expanding. They say the funniest things lately! Our nights lately have become a small spelling bee. The boys each have a list of 6 words each week (of course different testing days) so each night and morning we're always reviewing words. It's pretty cute how serious they take it. All perfect scores so far and I fear the day one of them don't since it will probably entail some ribbing!
Otherwise, the boys are supposed to have their first baseball game tomorrow night, which is looking like rain, so we'll see, but they're pretty anxious to start that season up!

I'll check in when we're back, aloha!



I guess Leroy Butler came to the boy's school for the 4th graders and on his way out saw Jax in the hall with his speech therapist. They took a pic together - random and cool!

Last weekend's weather was beautiful!


Birthday!

More nice weather


I came downstairs to this wonderful pile of awesome. Starbucks, donuts, flowers, gifts, smiling faces - fantastic!

Papa teaching the boys how to do a Wisconsin handshake (milking utters!)
Mothers Day brunch
  
More outside

My dudes...


3 comments:

Matt & Shana said...

Sorry your sick! Some things that work for me on long flights: lots of emergency powder to add to airplane drinks and hotel breakfast juices, eucalyptus essential oil and/or peppermint essential oil, also thieves or on guard if you have it. Bring and eye mask and noise cancelling head phones if you can to zen out as much as possible and rest. Good Luck, it's Maui it will be great!!

Annie said...

I had TONS of Thieves! I actually drank it with lemon in my tea non-stop. My colds usually last 10ish days if not 2 weeks so the fact this cold lasted 5 days, I say it's because of the oils! I also got my voice back with straight honey when a hawaiian mentioned it to me the first morning - brilliant and it worked!

Matt & Shana said...

That is great news!! Glad your trip went well :)