Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Summer Goals

The kids are really enjoying the last part of the summer. We always keep our goals in mind as well, which we seem to be on a decent pace with.

Goal 1: SWIMMING
The boys have started level 3 swim camp this week, so they're finally 'learning to swim'!! It's kind of a pain to haul them (and shower them) every single day, but it's really the only way I see them learning. They've always needed constant repetitive coaching for many of their developments and this is certainly one of them.

Goal 2: Learn how to tie shoes
I've got one out of two kids tying shoes now :) You can probably assume which one has caught on. The other kiddo is struggling pretty badly, but with his fine motor issues, it's not surprising.

Goal 3: Read the 3rd Harry Potter book
We are also half way through the book! We are on pace to get to be able to watch the movie before school starts!

Goal 4: Jax's eating
Well... I hate to ever make this goal, since I have little power over this, and it's also not just a kid having a discipline issue. But, we also always want to keep up the effort to some day hit the ultimate goal of being a full-time eater. We attend feeding therapy every single week and also continue with the plant based tube-feeding food. Jax was REALLY doing well and I feel like he's sliding back just a bit again, but we will continue to always try really hard and hope for the baby steps to continue.

I've also reached a personal goal. I wanted to find a part time job this fall/winter (other than doing bookwork and HR duties for Jason from home). Last month, a past work colleague referred me to an open position for contract work with a small non-profit looking for help with their operations/marketing/admin. I didn't want to pass up the opportunity, so I submitted my resume!

I met with the board of directors and we really clicked. It's for the Shaken Baby Association, so the subject matter of children with disabilities (and really preventative this is) really pulled me in. I was offered the position this past week, and I accepted! I'll begin in mid-September. It's a tall order as a part-time home based position, but I'm ready for the challenge.

(Whew!)

Enjoy some end-of-July and early-August photos!


Visit with cousins before they went back to Texas

Jason and the boys caught a Brewer game one afternoon

Attending a petting zoo at a client's veterinarian clinic.



The boys won figit spinners, and you'd have thought they won cars.

Loving up on Piper

Baseball with Aidan at Nana and Papa's

And basement-ping pong

And dinner games

Jay and I FINALLY got to a fun summer-night dinner with friends

My Nanners the Shanners

The boys picking out some end-of-season flowers with me to replace some overgrown pots. They seriously crack me up.

An example of Brady's Lego talent. He put this together rather quickly after receiving it from us for his birthday.

This was Jaxon's which they started at the same time. Brady was so annoyed that he disassembled this and plans to rebuild for Jax. I told Brady that everyone has different things that they're better at. Small parts with instructions requiring patience is not high on Jax's list of enjoyment. 

Fair fun!











Jax made it half way up this year - big improvement!


Brady danced NON stop!

Jax throwing diving rings into the pool for the kids to race and get. I love that so many neighbors belong to this gym to play in the summer!

No comments: